Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Dig Two Graves

Author: Sarah Engell
Genre: Psychological Thriller / Mystery



Synopsis

Eva Hegner is barely holding things together. She is grieving the loss of her stillborn daughter while also caring for her husband, who has suddenly and inexplicably become paralyzed.

Then the police arrive with more disturbing news. A grave has been vandalized and the body is missing. It soon becomes clear that this isn't an isolated incident. A series of increasingly disturbing crimes begins to unfold, with mysterious Chinese symbols connecting the crime scenes.

Eva finds herself drawn into what is happening and begins searching for answers. But the deeper she gets, the more secrets and lies she uncovers — and some truths may be better left buried.

My Review

I really enjoyed Dig Two Graves. This was a dark and unsettling psychological thriller that had me wondering where the story was going and how everything was going to come together.

I liked Eva as the main character, especially because she is dealing with so much emotionally while everything around her seems to be falling apart. The grief running through the story gives it a much heavier feel than a typical mystery and added another layer to the book for me.

The mystery itself kept me interested. There are family secrets, lies and some pretty disturbing moments along the way. Just when I thought I had an idea of what might be happening, something else would make me question it.

I also really liked the darker atmosphere of the book. It wasn't just about solving a crime. There was a lot happening beneath the surface, and I wanted to keep reading to find out how all of it was connected.

Overall, Dig Two Graves was a really enjoyable read for me. Dark, creepy and different enough to keep my attention right to the end. If you enjoy psychological thrillers with family secrets, complicated characters and a mystery that slowly reveals itself, this one is definitely worth checking out.

My Rating 



No comments: